Important Benefits Updates
- Effective January 1, 2020, dental claims maximums are based on the 2018 ODA fee guide
- Dental claims may now be submitted online by your dental office
Legal Fees – Coverage Increases
- For Real Estate, codes A1 through A4 (Purchase Family Dwelling, Sale Family Dwelling, Purchase Lot for Family Dwelling, and Purchase/Sale Vacation Property) are now covered to a maximum of $600
- For Divorce & Custody, codes B1 through B6 (Divorce Member, Divorce Spouse, Property and Custody Support Member, Property and Custody Support Spouse, Separation Agreement Member, and Separation Agreement Spouse) are now covered to a maximum of $850
- For Criminal Matters, code M3 (Criminal Code of Canada) is now covered up to a maximum of $950
Beginning January 1, 2021, the Plan will cover $250/day for group 2 or $150/day group 5 for the immediate 3 days following the birth of their child.
As of January 1, 2020, medical cannabis is now a reimbursable expense for certain pre-determined medical conditions for all eligible members and their dependents, up to a maximum of $2000 per member or per eligible dependent per each calendar year. A welcome package with information on medical cannabis coverage was sent to all members in late 2019. For more information, contact our Benefits Representative at 519-455-8083 x228.
MembersHealth 24/7 Telemedicine Service
This 24/7 telemedicine service is available to all eligible members and their dependents. Simply call 1-800-484-0152 to speak to a doctor within minutes on your phone, tablet, or PC.