Training Centre & Facilities
Build Your Career
The LIUNA Local 1059 Regional Training Centre provides centralized, cutting-edge construction industry training. Workers from across Southwestern Ontario who want to learn new skills, enhance existing skills and advance their careers in a professional setting, can find their place here.
Why Training Matters
When it comes to providing work to our members, we don’t just take the person from the top of the dispatch list. We assess the skills and qualifications of each member to match the right person to the right job. This process stems from our deep-rooted commitment in finding optimal job satisfaction for our members, as well as providing skilled and productive workers for our employers. With that being said, the best way to develop career opportunities is to enhance your skill set through continuous training provided by LIUNA Local 1059.
Our 32,000 square foot facility in London allows experienced trainers to deliver cutting-edge construction industry training to 40 to 50 new apprentices, 30 pre-apprentices, 100 first-, second- and third-year apprentices, and several hundred journeypersons each year.
To ensure that curriculum content is up-to-date, training is conducted by 12 sector-specific professionals who are contracted for the duration of the course and who return to their respective positions in construction when training is complete.
Is a Career in The Construction Industry Right For You?
- Are you a reliable worker who will show up everyday?
- Do you work well in a team environment?
- Are you able to take on a physically demanding career?
- Do you have your grade 12 diploma?
- Are you willing to work long hours to get a job done?
- Are you looking for a career that offers steady employment?
- Are you interested in a career where you can’t be replaced by a machine, less-skilled worker or free trade agreement?
- Do you like working with your hands and brain?
- Are you willing to work outside in a multitude of weather conditions?
- Do you like learning from industry experts?
- Are you a diligent and safety-conscious worker?
- Does the opportunity for continuous learning interest you?
- Are you interested in the latest construction tools and equipment?
- Do you like following set procedures and routines?
- Do you like working at different sites?
- Do you like seeing progress in your work?
Do you have questions about our training centre? Visit out FAQ for more information.
Don’t just take it from us – hear first-hand about the experience the LIUNA Local 1059 Regional Training Centre has offered to people just like you.